Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday Upgrade: Pinwheels!

I'm terrible at accessorizing. Part of my problem is that I'm lazy; I try to lift my hands as little as possible, and putting clothes on is tough work as it is. I do love the idea of accessories, though, which is why I keep buying them. I have a massive jewelry box filled with glitter and sparkle, but I never wear any of it. My daughter has adopted some of it and my son likes to use it as fishing lures sometimes, but other than that, it just sits there. I have hope that someday I will be able to make sense of my huge stash of unworn jewelry, but in the meantime, why not try an upgrade?



I am a sucker for whimsical sorts of things, so when I saw these pinwheel earrings on the front desk clerk at a local law office, I had to get a pair! Turns out, the woman wearing the earrings made them herself, and was more than happy to sell me a pair for the awesome price of four whole dollars. 






I loved the shape and size of these earrings and the fact that they were handmade by a very nice random stranger, but I wasn't crazy about the print, so I never wore them. I feel like the pinwheels are cutesy enough without the added effect of a cutesy floral print. They sat on my dresser for months, and I knew they would continue to sit there, so I went ahead and bastardized them with a few coats of gold nail polish.





Much better! I might actually wear these earrings now! They almost look like a flower instead of a pinwheel, but I think I'm okay with that. I just hope the lady who sold them to me won't be mad if she sees what I've done...

2 comments:

  1. WoW --- the polish made all of the difference from cutesy to functional Flower Power !! Much better ----- from the Thursday "birthday" lady at Dante's .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda! And thanks for visiting my humble little blog! I hope you come to lunch again soon; you and your friend were so much fun!

    ReplyDelete