Thursday, November 13, 2014

Drape, push, fluff, flatten, slick, and puff.

So, as you may have figured out from my previous post, I have recently gone with a pixie cut. I kept my hair long-ish for years and years, all in the name of versatility. There is so much you can do with long hair! You can curl it and twist it and sculpt it into a representation of your feelings! Of course, all I ever did with my long hair was wear it down or pulled back in a ponytail. I guess I liked the idea of versatility more than the actual practice of it. I always thought that having short hair would mean never having to style it, but hey, I'm wrong a lot. Turns out, there are lots of ways to style a pixie! There are so many various ways to push your hair around on your head. You can have a few pieces of hair kind of draped over your forehead, or pushed a little further back or fluff them up a little or flatten them down a little or slick it all back and then puff it all up. It might look like the same style over and over and over, but trust me, they are all very different!

























An up-do is not completely impossible with a pixie cut, either! I call these amazing hair creations the "My daughter rocked this look as a baby" and the "Tsunami." Note how perfectly sane I look. 



I have a lot of hair accessories left over from my long-hair days, and it turns out that they can be used for short hair, too! The whole use-a-scarf-as-a-hair-thing thing was a real pain in the butt with long hair, but now I can do it without a problem. 






I think my favorite always has been and always will be the flower clip, which always looks great, no matter what kind of hair you have. One looks good, but all the clips looks even better! 



Okay, that last one is meant as a joke, but I have to admit, I really like the idea of a hair rainbow. If that giant pink flower weren't so giant, I might actually go out like that. Heck, I might do it even with the giant pink flower. It reminds me of Carmen Miranda, which can only be a good thing. :)

For the curious: My striped top is from Anthropologie and is so much cuter than these photos show. Every one of my hair accessories comes from Forever 21, except for the yellow flower clip, which was made by my sister. To make my hair perfectly pliable, I use L'Anza Taffy. It's not actually taffy, though it kind of looks like it. 












No comments:

Post a Comment