Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pixie me!

Coco Chanel said, "A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life." I'm inclined to file this little quote under the "so true" category, because it just seems right. Is there any better way to say, "Hey, look at me, I'm up to something" than to drastically change your hair? I think not. I have been tip-toeing toward a pixie cut for the last few months, and today, I finally took the plunge. I am a pixie!








I've always admired women with short hair. There's something brave about a woman with short hair; they seem to exude confidence and elegance and sophistication, but also a little bit of bad-assery. I've wanted to try a pixie cut for years, but never had the guts to do it.  Now that it's done, I love it! I don't know why I waited so long! I feel so liberated and so cute! My daughter told me I look great, and that I look like Ellen, so I think I may have to keep this up forever.   

For the curious:
My black dress is from Kohl's a few years ago, and it is from Jennifer Lopez's line. I never thought I'd buy something with her name on it, but this dress has become a staple in my wardrobe, and I love it. It's wool, so it's perfect for fall and winter. My amazing gold belt is vintage, purchased from a lovely little Etsy shop, Roulette Vintage. I'm not wearing tights. My legs are pink because the wind is so, so cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment