Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Random Tuesday

As I was falling asleep last night, I randomly came up with an idea for a post for my blog: Random Tuesday. A random list of random things that would fall on any old day of the week if it were truly random, but I'm making concessions and parking it on Tuesday. So, here we go, the first Random Tuesday!

1. The word "random" is misused a lot these days, and to make sure I was using it correctly, I did some research and unearthed this article all about the word. In case you were wondering, "random" is meant to refer to something without pattern or objective, that is perfectly unbiased. This list is, therefore, truly random. It is not meant to describe things that are inconsequential, rare, or absurd, as in, "Wow, that thing you just said about dinosaurs was totally random." So when I said earlier that I randomly came up with an idea as I was falling asleep, that was incorrect usage, technically. Forgive me.

2. I'm a bit of a stickler for things like proper word usage, grammar, and spelling. This second point of my list is also not truly random, as it is an extension of the previous point of the list. Oops.

3. Winter is here.

4. I found out this morning that my daughter did not know I have a job. She asked to stay home today (she is not sick), and I told her she couldn't because I have to work. She was honestly surprised and said, "Wait...you have a job?" She then told me I should quit my job because, according to the tale of the city mouse and the country mouse, it is better to be poor and secure than to be rich and afraid. Rich people get robbed, you see, and because I have a job, she thinks I'm rich, and therefore, at risk of robbery. Kids are funny. :)

5. Bunnies purr. It's not like when cats do it, but the motivation is the same. They make this little grinding noise with their teeth when they are happy. They make grinding noises when they are unhappy, too...now I am wondering if my bunnies really hate it when I pet them.

6. For the first time ever, I am not bothered by the snow. It waited for November, so I am grateful for that. Check back in a couple of months, though, and I will likely resemble Jack Nicholson in The Shining. 

7. If you add cilantro to your kale smoothie, it will taste like cilantro and nothing else. It's a good thing I like cilantro. 

8. Today is Veterans Day, and I say thank you to all those who have served, and who are still serving. My boyfriend Joe was in the Marines; my brother-in-law, Dave, is still serving in the Air Force. I have countless friends and relatives in every other branch of the military, and I am grateful for their sacrifices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment