Monday, November 24, 2014

Snow day!

I know it's snowy and wintry and all, but does that mean I can't wear cute outfits? Do I have to settle for something like this?



Don't get me wrong, I do love my coat and boots, as they do a great job keeping me warm, but they are stifling my style! If I'm going to be seen by my neighbors, I feel I should look put together. So why not shovel the deck in something like this? Beauty is pain, right?


Heels are a great choice for shoveling snow, as they will help chisel away at any ice, and the adrenaline rush from all the slipping and the sliding and the teetering will wake you up in a way coffee never could. Plus, do you see how good it looks? This look says, "Yes, I'm shoveling snow, but I'm also a lady!" 



Oh, don't worry about me; this skirt is 100% wool! I don't feel bad! In fact, I don't have any feelings at all in any of my extremities, so that's good, right? The sun is out, so it can't be that cold. Right? 


YES IT IS COLD. It is SO cold, you guys! The sun does nothing! I bet the neighbors aren't even home right now, anyway! I hope all my toes are still the right color... I think it's time to move the shoot indoors, at least for now.





Ah, indoors. The lighting isn't that great, but the heater is on. This skirt may be wool, but it's still a skirt, and I really should be retiring it until spring, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I wear more skirts and dresses during winter than I do any other time of the year. I think I just tend to give tights more credit than they deserve. Or maybe it's reverse psychology of some sort, like I think I can convince the weather it is wrong, and therefore, change it. Whatever the reason, I know it doesn't make sense, but I also know that style doesn't have to make sense. So there. :)

For the curious: My tee was made by my favorite fashion blogger, Rebecca from The Clothes Horse. I bought it from her Society 6 page, where she has all sorts of amazing creations. The skirt is a vintage Nordstrom brand, found for six whole dollars at Goodwill. Sometimes I get VERY lucky. The belt is a steal from Roulette Vintage and has become my favorite accessory. I wear it all the time; it's shocking how well it goes with everything! My coat is Columbia, bought on clearance last spring, and it is so very cushy and warm and I love it so, so, so much. I bought the black coat to replace this lavender awfulness, another Columbia coat bought on major clearance, which I wore for nearly a decade.

That coat was warm enough, but I hated the color (which showed every little scuff, scratch, and mark) and every time I wore it, I felt self-conscious and sloppy. It was a great lesson for me: Don't ever buy anything you don't love, even if it is a high-quality winter coat for a very low price. The practicality will never win out. NEVER. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment