Friday, November 7, 2014

Wonder Woman!!

So, I have to admit something. Writing this blog is hard work. Like, really hard work. Each post represents hours of photography, writing, editing, brainstorming, and snack-eating. I am mostly a one-woman show here. Sometimes I have a guest photographer help me out with shoots I can't possibly do by myself, but other than that, it's all me. I get lonely at my isolated corner desk. I forget to be social, which is vital to my survival, as I am an extrovert and need to suck the energy out of the souls of the people I happen to be around. Sometimes, the emotional side of writing like this is exhausting. It can be gut-wrenching, worrying about how my work will go over with my readers, wondering why some posts are more popular than others, and trying to break the code for a perfect post. I do love what I do, though, and I consider myself incredibly lucky to be doing it. I work on this thing when I'm sick as all crap and can barely move. I work on this thing when I'm too tired to think. I work on this thing early in the morning and late at night. If that isn't love, well then, just get out of here.

My work is about to get much, much easier. I have a new assistant! Her job is to inspire me, to remind me that I am awesome, and to make sure that I have a theme song playing in my head at all times. I added her just today, and she is amazing, a true force of nature.

                              

Isn't she magnificent? She even has her lasso of truth, which is vital for blog work! I am still in awe of her presence. She was an unexpected gift from a couple of incredible friends of mine, in exchange for some hard labor involving Barbie dolls. I love Wonder Woman! She is the epitome of bad-ass, a true hero! I wore a pair of Wonder Woman Converse sneakers for a couple of years before they finally disintegrated on me. They are still major favorites, even though I can't wear them anymore. I got so many compliments on these, even from complete strangers, most of them men who love comics.


Eventually, people started to associate me with all things Wonder Woman, and honestly, that was my evil plan all along. I haven't allowed myself to start a collection, since I tend to go overboard with such things. My new assistant just might be the start of something resembling a collection, though. I seem to be on a bad-ass kick, what with the pixie cut and now the addition of Wonder Woman and her invisible jet. How can I possibly stop now? I need all the Wonder Woman things!

For the curious: My assistant happens to be a mint condition 2003 DC Comics Wonder Woman Barbie, and she has a suitcase, too. My friends were going to sell her in their eBay shop, but instead, they gave her to me. Pretty sweet, right? I have the best friends on the planet, I swear. The Converse sneakers were purchased in a Journeys store in a mall in Spokane a little over two years ago. I don't think this specific style is available anymore, but I have seen other Wonder Woman Converse sneakers out there. I don't know how I've managed to resist buying all of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment