Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Bye Bye, 2014!

Christmas is done and over, and one of these days, I will take down the tree and all the decorations. Not today, though. Today, I'm procrastinating and reflecting on 2014, which is about to become 2015. I'm ready for the new year! 2014 was a great year in so many ways, but it was also one of the more challenging years of my life. I went through some difficult times: my boyfriend moved to another state, which resulted in a heart-wrenching breakup for about two weeks. The day after Joe announced his plans to move away, I was fired from a great paying job, which is always a great ego booster. I struggled with money and often felt crushed by stress. It wasn't a totally awful year, though. I found a job that I love, I learned that a long distance relationship can work and work well, and I finally worked up the guts to cut my hair short. All these things have been amazing, but the best part of 2014 has definitely been this blog. I've wanted to start a blog like this for quite a while, but I was too scared to do anything. I was afraid that I would suck at it and that people would laugh at me. I decided that it wouldn't be such a bad thing to suck at something at first, so I jumped right in, resolving to learn and improve as I go along. I'm quite proud of what I have done with my little corner of the internet, and I have big plans for this space in 2015! Before we start looking forward, let's take a quick look back at some of my favorite Kalidikeds moments and a few outtakes of 2014: 





























Ah, I love photo montages! Talk about a great way to make your life look much more exciting than it is. 2015 is going to be an incredible year for Kalidikeds! I will be bringing in new writers and models, and I will be expanding the repertoire to include more than just fashion and style: we will be talking about books and food and cute baby animals and shoelaces and bubblegum as well. I will also be changing the entire look of Kalidikeds, just as soon as I can agree with myself on a configuration of some sort.

I hope everyone out there has an incredible New Year! I hope everyone does something scary and difficult in 2015, just to prove it can be done. Tell me about it if you do! Happy New Year to all my readers, and to all the people who aren't my readers, since they deserve happiness, too, I guess. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment