Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve!

So, it's Christmas Eve, and I'm super excited! More than anything, I'm looking forward to December 26th, when my life will begin to shift back to my normal routine that I love so much. I'm a creature of habit, and I have a difficult time adjusting to the holiday season. I feel like I have to put my life on pause while I wait for this festive looking elephant to cross the street in front of me. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the holidays, and I participate in all the obligatory ways. I bought a normal sized tree this year, since last year's two-footer was a little bit of a bummer for the kids. I went shopping for presents and managed to wrap them all before the very last minute, though I didn't wrap them well or make them look pretty. I have a variety of Christmas-themed baked goods in my house, we have watched quite a few Christmas movies, and our Elf on the Shelf has moved more often than not. I've done my part! I will revel in my day off tomorrow and spend quality time with my kids and their new stuff, I will help my boyfriend cook a Peruvian turkey recipe (more on that in a later post), and I will probably drink a beer. It is snowing right this minute, so we will be having a rare white Christmas, which is the only instance of snow that makes me happy. It's going to be awesome, and I can't wait for it to be done. :)


                                                      


I hope everyone has an incredible Christmas! I hope you get to spend the day with the best people, eating the best food, and opening the best presents. And, if you're like me, I hope you really enjoy tucking your Elf in the Shelf back into his or her storage box, because that's the best part of Christmas. :) 

For the curious: I know how it looks, but my tree lights are that way on purpose! Bunnies love to chew on things, especially electrical cords, so I had to string the lights where they can't be reached by little rabbit teeth. This is the same reason I have no festive tree skirt, and also why the presents are stacked on top of my bookcase instead of under the tree. Bunnies are cute, but they ruin everything. I don't have a real tree topper because I have managed to forget about it every single time I've gone shopping. The kids don't seem to notice or care, so I think it'll be fine until next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment