Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Library!

I love libraries! It has always amazed me that we have these houses of free books all over the country. How lucky are we? We can read all the books we want for free! Free books, you guys! I don't think there is anything more magnificent than the look of shelves upon shelves filled with great books, so naturally, I found myself drawn to the library for a photoshoot. 



I know, I know, my look has changed a lot, hasn't it? Oh, wait. That isn't me! That's my best friend, Amma, who also loves books and libraries and wearing clothes inside libraries while standing next to and in front of books. I got confused because we look so similar, what with our two arms and legs and eyes and all that. Sometimes, I get tired of seeing my own face, so I grabbed Amma and dragged her to the library and bossed her around for a bit. She's a very accommodating model! 















The library is a great place to have a photoshoot! The lighting is good, the books look amazing, and if you choose the right day and time, no one will bother you or walk into your photo! Also noteworthy: Taking a selfie with your DSLR feels a lot less gratuitous than taking a selfie with your phone. I can't have a post totally without my face, so I took a selfie with my model!


Aren't we adorable? I think so. :)

For the curious: Amma's library-appropriate look has an awesome story! She's an expert at finding decent clothes for cheap or free. Her cardigan is Old Navy, given to her by yours truly (that's me). She found her leopard print blouse in the parking lot of the hotel where she used to work; it was brand-new with tags still attached, and nobody claimed it from lost and found, so she gave it a nice forever home. It is No Boundaries, which can be found at Wal-Mart. Her pencil skirt is from the local boutique, The Walk-In Closet, with the name b. Tru on the tag. Her shoes are Mossimo for Target, from the clearance rack, and the belt manifested itself into her wardrobe through mysterious means. 

2 comments:

  1. I love how you brought her into your shoot and on the blog, maybe you should bring in more women and men from around town, would make it more fun and interesting to the readers to involve people in the community. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Molly! I will definitely be featuring more people with all kinds of different styles in the very near future. :D

    ReplyDelete