Monday, December 8, 2014

Sick Day!

Have you ever been sick? Have you ever been SO sick? I don't often get sick, but when I do, I get SO sick. I get SO sick, entire days fade into vague memories of cursory life experiences. I posted last Monday, shut my laptop, and didn't open it again for the rest of the week.  I know that I must have gotten my kids ready for school and I'm pretty sure I went to work a few times, and I think I may have eaten food or taken a shower or answered a text message at some point, but for the most part, all I remember is sleeping and being in pain. This is what happens when I get SO sick: I stop everything. But hey, I'm feeling better now! I thought it might be a good idea to get out and do something fun, so I put together a formal look for a winter ball that was happening in town.  




As much as I despise snow, I do love taking photos in the stuff. This might have seemed like a good idea at the time, but it turned out to be a bit of a dud. Standing in the freezing wind, I started to feel a little icky again. Plus, my skirt got wet with the snow, which made it smell like a wet dog, so I had to change into something else to wear to the ball.





I know I keep going back to this tulle skirt, but I can't help myself: It's always the right choice! Unfortunately, the tulle skirt didn't make me feel any better, and by the time I was finished with this set of photos, my body was screaming at me, and I felt like utter crap, even when I switched my heels out for my snow boots.


I didn't make it to the ball. Instead, I spent the evening on my couch, feeling like crap and cursing my love of snowy photo shoots. Still, I have no regrets. I feel much better today! Plus, the snow is melting, and nobody wants to take photos in slushy mud, right? 

For the curious: All of these photos were taken by my awesome boyfriend, Joe! He is back from Ireland and staying with me for a couple of weeks before heading back to Missouri. My blue skirt was a gift from 1998, and the fact that I can zip it up is a testament of how sick I have been lately. My white button-up shirt from both sets of photos is Banana Republic. My black tulle skirt is from Eshakti.com, and I swear it's not the only thing I wear. The yellow silk peeking out from my shirt in the second set of photos is a slip that goes with another dress. My embroidered sash is from Old Navy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment