Friday, January 9, 2015

Cabin Fever!

Well, it's snowing in Montana. Again. As usual. I'd share a picture with you, but who wants to see that? Just imagine a sheet of white with specks of white. That's what I see when I open my door: pure white. It's not that exciting, but it is super annoying. None of us can drive in this, not even experts like me. Shoveling is a waste of time but also a necessity. Want to wear something cute? Forget about it. We're all wearing pants and clunky snow boots and sweaters, and it's anything but cute or even remotely stylish. This is the hardest part of winter for me: practicality must win over style, because as much as I love a cute outfit, I loathe being cold. Not to mention the fact that the snow makes it physically impossible to wear anything other than snow gear. I've tried to traverse the snow in my adorable ballet flats, and I ended up with snow-packed toes. Not fun.

I'm not the kind of person to just sit around and complain, though! Why can't I dress cute inside my own house? It's warm and snow-free in here! There's no ice, either, so I can totally wear high heels all I want! I'm going to take advantage of this awful weather and use it to experiment with my style! So, why not kick it up a notch while I deal with my cabin fever by doing some housework? My vacuum is an awesome accessory!





Yep, that Kirby is a classic! It doesn't compete with my outfit and it does a great job of sucking up stuff on the carpet; what more is there? How about some mantel dusting to get over my snowy blues?



Whee! Swiffers are a great neutral addition to any outfit! It's super exciting to be able to wear these boots, since they aren't exactly practical for Montana weather. One step on my icy deck in these babies, and I'd be chipping teeth and busting elbows. It's really sad, too, because they're such great looking boots. Oh, well. I guess I'll just banish them to the indoors and enjoy the fire.


It's hard to feel too bad about winter and cold and snow when you have a fireplace. It gives me something to look forward to after all the snow shoveling, and it's hypnotic in a way that makes you forget all about everything. Snow? What snow? All I know is fire!

For the curious: My amazing green wool sweater was knit for me by my little sister, Jennifer. I've had it for years and years, and I'm still in awe of her incredible work. Did you see that cable detail? Unbelievable. It is also the warmest, most comfortable sweater I own, and I find myself putting it on constantly these days. My black skirt is actually a wool dress from Jennifer Lopez's line for Kohl's a few years ago. I seem to have unwittingly chosen a Jennifer-themed outfit. My impractical boots are from Banana Republic, and they were given to me by a very sad friend who received them as a gift but could not wear them. Sometimes, it pays to have bigger feet than your friends.

All of these photos were taken by my boyfriend, Joe, who took time away from his cooking to help me out. Yep, he was cooking food for me to eat, and then he paused to help me with the camera. Lucky, much? He has recently picked up with his own blog again, which you can check out here!


No comments:

Post a Comment