Monday, March 16, 2015

Makeup Monday: Cracked!

Today I want to talk about a serious problem I have. See, I love makeup. I've been wearing it since I was thirteen, and I wear at least a little makeup nearly every day. That being said, I buy a lot of makeup. I have tons of the stuff, and most of it just sits around, waiting for Halloween or a special occasion, and some of it I use every single day. I have found that no matter how often I use my makeup, I break it. All of it. 


I don't know how this happens! I have been buying this Cover Girl translucent powder for years, and no matter how gentle I am with it, the lid always falls apart! I've noticed that this happens with my other makeup, too. 



Do you see the massive crack in the lid of my e.l.f. primer? You would think that I just slam that thing back on every time I use it, but I swear I'm very careful! By the way, this primer is amazing, especially for the low, low price of just $6. I definitely recommend it, breakable lid and all. 


Eyebrow pencil: cracked! For a while, I thought maybe it was just because my makeup is inexpensive stuff. I recently started buying myself some higher quality makeup, like this NARS Multiple, which is an awesome and slightly expensive cream blush/eyeshadow/highlighter. I love this stuff! I swear I can hear an hallelujah chorus every time I use it.

...and the angels sing...
Oh, but wait...

...or not. 
CRACKED! This one is particularly upsetting because I was actively trying not to break it. I thought I was doing so well, and I cried a little when I noticed the fracture. This is only a small portion of my problem, too! I have compacts with busted hinges, shattered lipstick tubes, and eyeliners with lids so decimated they barely do their job. It is maddening.

Am I the only one with this problem? Do I have freakishly strong hands? Is makeup packaging just generally poorly made? All I know is that this drives me crazy, and I have no idea what I can do about it. Do you have this problem, too? Tell us all about it in the comments! In the meantime, it may be wise to handle all your makeup with oven mitts. Let me know if that works.

For the curious: Most of the makeup in this post can be found at any store of any type, even gas stations and shoe stores. I like to buy my makeup from Target. The eyebrow pencil is NYX in taupe, and I don't like it at all, though I did use it up entirely, and failed to throw it away after. I'll throw it away now, though, I promise. I'm still searching for the perfect eyebrow product; if you have any recommendations, please share them in the comments! The NARS Multiple comes from Sephora.com, as I do not have access to this particular line of makeup in this city. I paid about $40 for it, which is much more than I would ever normally spend on any makeup item, but I have no regrets! It looks great, it feels great, and it lasts forever.

2 comments:

  1. BH Cosmetics has a good eyebrow pencil and they're not at all expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete