Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Momma Miller's Mercantile: Alliteration and a Great Skirt!

It's like Christmas here at Kalidikeds! I checked my mail the other day, and tucked inside was a neat little package from my dear friend Shannon. Shannon and I go way back, and she is one of the most genuine people I have ever known! She messaged me a while back to say that she loved Kaldikeds and that she wanted to make something special for me. I felt so honored; this is an amazing gift! What was inside that package? An amazing self-lined, wool woven skirt in my favorite shade of blue! Shannie is the amazing purveyor of Momma Miller's Mercantile and writer of the blog of the same name, and she designed and made this pleated dream just for me! How lucky can a girl get? 









Isn't it gorgeous? Shannon really nailed my style with this skirt; I love how full and bright it is, and the high-waist and the length are perfectly flattering. And that color! This shade of blue is surprisingly versatile and works well with lots of different colors. I paired it with a yellow tee and a white cardigan, then pulled it together with a dark teal sash around my waist. I'm starting to notice a pattern in my outfits with things tied around my waist... I tried the outfit with purplish pink flats, hot yellow heels, and teal flats, and they all looked great! 




I think the yellow heels look the best. I don't tend to go for any kind of matching, but there's something about the yellow top with the yellow shoes that makes me want to do this again. You can expect to see a lot more of this skirt as the weather warms up; I can't wait to see what else I can do with it!

For the curious:  Shannon does all kinds of sewing work through her business Momma Miller's Mercantile; she can do just about anything you will ever need! She makes custom clothing using your own measurements; she also does alterations and repairs, and she always has a variety of projects for sale, like reversible tote bags, upcycled kids clothes, and hats! Check out her new blog for tutorials and everything else she'll be up to in the upcoming months. My yellow tee is from The Walk In Closet; the white cardigan is Port Authority, and it was a gift. My purlpish pink pointed toe flats are from ModCloth; the teal flats are Cole Haan, and my yellow heels are Ralph Lauren, bought from an online consignment shop.




No comments:

Post a Comment