Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Skirt and Sneakers!

I don't normally just come up with an outfit out of nowhere, all willy nilly. I like to gather inspiration and try out combinations I see on other people first. I'm not ashamed to admit that I have blatantly copied many looks, and I'm not about to stop. Fashion is like it's own free country that way: I can do what I want, and nah nah nah nah boo boo. Lately I've been seeing a lot of women wearing dressy skirts with casual sneakers. I love skirts! I also love sneakers! But should I combine the two? I did wear a skirt with sneakers all the time when I was a cheerleader in high school, and I always thought it looked great, so I decided to just do it. 



The huge bonus to wearing is sneakers is that you're wearing sneakers. They are so comfortable! These shoes are infinitely easier to walk in than even my shortest heels, and they never hurt my feet. Plus, it makes it much more difficult to knock me over with the strong winds we get here in Montana. Not impossible, mind you: just harder.



Keep that skirt down!





I think it went pretty well! My striped top is casual, so it ties in well with my sneakers, which provide a little pop of color in an otherwise neutral outfit. The whole look is also vaguely French and effortless, which I also like. I will be doing this again and again and again; I have a lot of skirts and a lot of sneakers. I could go weeks without repeating a combination.

For the curious: It's the tulle skirt again! I bought mine from Eshakti.com, and I never imagined I would get quite as much use out of it as I have. It has become a staple and maybe even a signature for me, and I love it! My striped boatneck tee is Jones New York, and it's another one of those things I wear all the time. My pink sneakers are Superga, and they are by far the best sneakers I have ever owned. I found mine on sale on shopbop.com. All photos in this post were taken by Kristi.

No comments:

Post a Comment