Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Unexpected Fashion!

Fashion inspiration is everywhere, if you know where to look for it! I'm constantly finding inspiration in the oddest places, even in my own bathroom, while brushing my teeth. 


When I was a kid, I used to pretend my bath towel was a fancy, soft, super absorbent gown that was as versatile as it was pretty. Do you know how many ways you can wrap a towel around yourself? There are at least two! I thought about those towel-gown days this morning. My towel has such an great pattern and such amazing, vibrant colors, and it is pretty flattering...


...so I decided to wear it like a dress!



This might be my new favorite outfit of all time! It's fun and easy and with the belt, it doesn't look like a towel at all! The biggest bonus of all: My wardrobe just doubled because I have an entire closet full of these babies, just waiting to be worn! Maybe I'll try to wear my shower curtain next. It's pretty snazzy, too, and totally waterproof. I wonder what other household items I can work into my wardrobe...

For the curious: April Fool's! My towel is pretty cool, but I only wear it for the most informal occasions, like exiting the shower. I wasn't kidding about wearing the shower curtain, though; I do love all those colors! My belt is from Sheinside, and my shoes are Nine West, found at Goodwill.

No comments:

Post a Comment