Sunday, January 24, 2016

This is my uniform!

Today's outfit post should look fairly familiar. You might even say that this is my standard uniform: simple dress, cardigan, gold belt, tights, and flats. I do get teased sometimes for "overdoing" it, but the truth is, I feel like I am at my best when I'm wearing something like this. This might come as a surprise, but most of the time, I feel like I look sloppy and unkempt. This is mainly an issue I have with pants: they sag in the butt or they squeeze my legs or they're too short or too long, or perpetually covered in lint, no matter what I do. It's so much easier to get a decent fit with a dress, and even the most casual style elevates your look. I feel sophisticated and put-together every time I wear a dress, so I will continue to do so every chance I get.


Joe loves taking photos when I'm not ready... ;)







I think there's also something to be said for finding pieces that you love so much, you reach for them over and over; it always makes me feel justified in spending money on the thing! When I think about how many times I've worn this fit and flare dress in the four years I've had it, I feel like it was a well-spent $50. And that gold belt? Don't even get me started! It's one of my favorite pieces of all time. I don't need to have a large wardrobe; I just need a few things that make me feel good when I wear them.

For the curious: My red cardigan is HWR from Antropologie, purchased second-hand from @highlowchicscloset on Instagram. It is in impeccable condition, and so cute, and it cost me under $20, including shipping! Shopping on Instagram has been working out beautifully for me. My dress is Jennifer Lopez for Kohl's, and the tights are from Tabbisocks. My gold belt is vintage, purchased on Etsy from Roulette Vintage.

Thanks to my boyfriend, Joe Ryan, for taking photos for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment