Friday, April 28, 2017

Spring What Huh?

The other day, I was looking through my closet, and I felt a little sad that I probably wouldn't get to wear any of my cold weather skirts for a while, with spring underway and summer close behind. I should have known better. There is always another opportunity for cold weather clothes around here.



It does feel a little weird to be wearing a sweater and a wool skirt with tights at the end of April, but that's how it goes. It's a good thing I never pack away my winter clothes. 


I love this sweater, but I hardly ever wear it because, like so many tops these days, it is slightly cropped. "Slightly cropped" tends to mean "super cropped" with my long torso, and I've never been one to bare my midriff, so this is a problem. The obvious solution would be to layer a camisole underneath the shirt, but I hate how it looks. To me, it looks like I'm trying to hide the fact that I'm wearing a shirt that doesn't quite fit. Instead, I get a high-waisted bottom, and tuck the top in. This hides the shortness of the shirt, and it makes me look like I have life figured out. Smoke and mirrors, y'all, smoke and mirrors.

Rain makes everything look so...dreamy.
I don't mind a little cold snap, as long as I can pull out my adorable bunny tights. You won't likely see me in any leggings or tights with crazy prints, but I am all about the singular woodland creature thing. I like tiny details like this, the sort of thing that isn't hidden, but isn't exactly noticeable, either. People are always surprised to find bunnies on the back of my legs. 



My normal go-to for this skirt is a black tee, which is fine, but I think it's so much more interesting with this sweater. The colors go together nicely, and the hearts give the whole look an 80's vibe that I love. I am all about the vintage feel these days, so this is perfect. I also love that my heels add another pattern to the whole thing with just a touch of zig-zag. It was way too miserable out to get detail shots, so here's a close up of the shoes from another post: 



Ah, yes, Target shoes from six years ago, still going strong. Maybe I can pass them down to my daughter someday. This outfit took me a while to figure out, and I ended up with a mess of clothes strewn all over my room, but it feels good to be wearing the things I don't normally get to wear. This means I don't have to feel bad about buying them in the first place, and not feeling bad feels pretty good. Right? 

For the curious: My sweater is Lauren Conrad for Kohls, purchased second-hand from Instagram. The skirt is vintage, also purchased from an Instagram shop that no longer sells clothes. The bunny tights are from Tabbisocks. The shoes were part of the Missoni for Target line from 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment